Executable file

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Executable file
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 13:08:17 -0600 (CST)

On 30-Oct-1998, Raul Tanco <address@hidden> wrote:

|       how can I create an executable script
| in windows 95, and then
| run it typing    octave <executable file>.

I'm not sure I understand the question (is it just me, or have there
been a lot of vague questions on this list lately?).

Can you explain why creating a file (say foo.m) with Octave commands
and running

  octave foo.m

doesn't work?  Does it fail in different ways if you try this at the
DOS prompt or the bash prompt?

I no longer have a convenient way to test Octave under Windows, so you
should probably reply to the list and see if someone else can help you.

jwe