DLD tutorial and octave-plplot for Debian

From: Jose L. Gomez Dans
Subject: DLD tutorial and octave-plplot for Debian
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 14:32:37 +0000

Hi!
        I have been using Octave for the last month or so, and so far
I am well happy with it. I have a couple of queries, though. The first
one is if there is a document that explains "all you need to know
about DLDs". I had a look at the documentation, but I found that there
wasn't much information there (at least, I couldn't figure out how to
actually right a DLD :D).

        Secondly, and maybe this is not the best place to ask, but
someone might know something about it. In Debian for i386, theere is
an octave-plplot package which promises nicer graphics than good ol'
gnuplot :D. However, the packages seems to be damaged, and the sources
I downloaded from somewhere (as the case usually is) won't
compile... The problem is that the package asks for a plplot version
which isn't available, something like 4.99j5, when only the 4.99j4 is
available. Any ideas?

        Thanks for your help,
Jose
--
Jose L Gomez Dans                       PhD student
                                        Radar & Communications Group