Re: FW: save structs, lists

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re: FW: save structs, lists
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 22:57:26 +0000

A. Scottedward Hodel wrote:

> John (and Octave users),
>
> Do you have any near term plans to store/load structures and lists
> from data files?  I'm trying to decide whether to write functions

Hi,

A member of my team has already done some work on that subject. You can
find a patch at <http://merlin.inescn.pt/~qual> againts an octave-2.1.7
version.

The patch also include modifications to allow octave to be compiled with
egcs-1.1.1 (posted by John Eaton).

Besides is_list, list_remove, list_add and list_append, obsoleted by
latter octave versions (2.1.10 and later), one can save/load deep and
recursive lists and structures in ASCII or binary.

Try it... and make a patch against 2.1.10 (2.1.12 lists are broken).

Joao

--
Joao Cardoso                |   e-mail: address@hidden
INESC, R. Jose Falcao 110   |   tel:    + 351 2 2094322