Re: line width?

From: Huaiyu Zhu
Subject: Re: line width?
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 15:51:00 -0800 (PST)

Larry,

Thanks for the answer.  It's cool and quite expandable. I've made a little
bit of modification to suit my needs.  Here's the new one:

# Futz with .eps files that come out of gnuplot
{
  if ($1=="%%BoundingBox:") { $2 = 40; $3=80;}
   if ($1=="/gnulinewidth")  $2="40.0";
   if ($1=="/dl")            $2="{30";
   if ($1=="/LT0")           $1="/LTc { AL [] 0 0 0 DL } def\n/LT0";
   if ($1=="LTb")            $1="LTc";
   print $0;
}

1. For landscape plots the BoundingBox is a little different.
2. I want a thicker plot line but a thin coordinate box, so I added a new
   line type LTc.

Question: How to change the dash segment length independently of the
spacing between dashes?  /dl seems to control both.

BTW, is there a good file format that can store simple graphics
information in an intuitive manner?  xfig is too cryptic, postscript is
too general and low level, pics in tex is too tedius ...  If there was
such a thing it is very simple to write a translator to postscript using
perl, and octave would have a completely controllable graphical end.

Huaiyu