Re: 2.0.13 binary distribution for Linux

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re: 2.0.13 binary distribution for Linux
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 20:33:30 +0100

Himanshu Gohel wrote:

> Hi Vivek,
>
> -=>1. I won't be able to compile 2.0.14 source distribution for want of
> -=>disk space.
>
> Maybe if you just extract the source and compile each directory
> one by one and remove the .o files afterwards?  Would that help
> to put the whole package together?

I dont think that this will work, unless the final `make' is issued in
the `src' directory, otherwise the make rules will rebuild everything.
And it can be a pain to cd to all libcruft sub-directories.

I usualy compile without debuging and only with shared libs. This has
big size impact.

CFLAGS=-O2 CXXFLAGS=-O2 FFLAGS=-O2 /.../configure --enable-shared
--disable-static --enable-dl

after compiling, the objdir only has 14Mbytes

bash-2.02# du -ks octave-2.1.13-objdir
14181   octave-2.1.13-objdir

luck,
Joao

--
Joao Cardoso                |   e-mail: address@hidden
INESC, R. Jose Falcao 110   |   tel:    + 351 2 2094322