Re: Octave on Compaq Alpha

From: A. Scottedward Hodel
Subject: Re: Octave on Compaq Alpha
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 14:25:32 -0500

I cleared SPECIAL_MATH_LIBRARY in Makeconf and that fixed the problem.
Apparently our updated -ldxml is buggy.  I'll construct an example
call and send it up the line through our sysadmin guys so that Compaq.

Thanks!

>On 21-May-1999, A. Scottedward Hodel <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>| About 2 months ago our compaq alpha received an operating system
>| upgrade that should have been "transparent."  Unfortunately, we've
>| run into a few difficulties, compiling a stable version of Octave
>| (2.0.x or 2.1.x doesn't matter).  I've been working with someone
>| from systems support here for about a week, and he's been able to
>| duplicate my confusion.
>|
>| here's the symptoms:
>| Octave compiles fine.  Executable and m-files get installed.
>| However, with all configure options I've tried thus far,
>| I get this behavior:
>|
>| octave:1> svd(rand(3))
>| error: floating point exception -- trying to return to prompt
>| octave:1>
>
>Do you have the DEC math library, libdxml, and is Octave using it?
>Check Makeconf and see whether SPECIAL_MATH_LIBRARY is defined.
>
>If you do have it, I think that would explain why your changes to the
>subroutines in libcruft are not showing up in your executable.
>
>jwe

A S Hodel Assoc. Prof. Dept Elect Eng, Auburn Univ,AL  36849-5201
On leave at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (256) 544-1426
Address until 15 Mar 2000:Mail Code ED-13, MSFC, Alabama, 35812
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~scotte