Re: execution speed in *oct files

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: execution speed in *oct files
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 13:41:39 +0200 (CEST)

Long time ago  I made a benchmark for octave, that  was intended to measure
performance differences beteen machines running the same version of octave,
and in fact I collected from various people results for octave version 1.

I  stopped  collecting  results  for  octave  cersion  2  because  of  some
inconsistencies in  the results whose source  was not clear, but  I plan to
make a new call for results when octave 2.1 will be out.

In the meantime, you can see if the benchmark is compatible with matlab and
let me know what should be changed, if anything.  You find it at
ftp://fly.cnuce.cnr.it/pub/software/octave/benchmark.m

--
Francesco Potortì (researcher)         Voice:    +39-050-593 203 (op. 211)
Computer Networks Group                Fax:      +39-050-904052