Re: come with gnuplot

From: Daniel Heiserer
Subject: Re: come with gnuplot
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 16:17:24 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

> Hello,
> I think it would be really enough if there is a note which version of
> gnuplot was used to implement the interface of the current octave
> version.
> Then I can do the remaining path changes myself if I want.

Sure. That is how it is right now.
You can also have a path to your local eispack
and to your local linpack and to your local ..

I think that there is nearly NO ARGUMENT AGAINST gnuplot
coming with octave.
If you don't like it you can delete the octave-gnuplot stuff
and put your gnuplot path in.

I already mentioned the advantages if gnuplot comes with octave like
+       no cases of which gnuplot version is installed for coders
+       always an octave/gnuplot combination which takes most of the
        advantages of gnuplot.
+       saving time on octave's gnuplot interface ==> spending time
        in adding new plotting features to gnuplot ==> better plotting for
octave
+       better communcation between octave and gnuplot.
        I try to implement something bidrectional, so octave *get's* gnuplot's
        answers. This is horrible for different gnuplot version's.
        If this would be there, there would be lot's of advantages.
+       and so on

Now some minuses please:
-
-