Re: oct files

From: Artur Jorge Azevedo Carvalho
Subject: Re: oct files
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 11:15:51 +0100

"John W. Eaton" wrote:

> On  8-Jul-1999, Artur Jorge Azevedo Carvalho <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> | this is my second attempt in getting some help from the
> | octave gurus... :) seriously, i really need to know, if
> | there is any way of reshaping a matrix in a .oct file,
> | without having to use the feval function, i once thought
> | this wold be a easy job, only needed to change the rows
> | and columns values of a matrix, but i found that reshape
> | was a script file(.m) and that in reallity it creates a
> | second matrix sized of the reshape value, and then it
> | copies the content of the matrix to this new one...
> | is there any other way? please...
>
> There are resize methods in the Array and Array2 classes that are
> inherited by the matrix classes.  But maybe those won't do what you
> expect with the existing values in a matrix.
>
> jwe

hi! well, i've already tried the resize method, in fact it was the
first thing i tried, i was going to try the extract method but,
there was a comment in the code that resize would do the same thing
but destroying the original matrix (what i intended), and it indeed
reshaped the matrix but it's values weren't preserved... so, i endup
with a reshaped matrix but with no values in it...
what can i do? can i assume that d1 and d2, the dimension variables
will still be around for some time? need i tho implement some sort of
reshape, if so what would be faster? calling the reshape script
using feval or copying the matrix values to a reshaped matrix one by
one?

thanks...

--
If you think you are too small to make a difference,
try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito.