web use and Octave plots

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: web use and Octave plots
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 23:03:16 -0400 (EDT)

  Jules>  Do Octave packages exist that provide web based tools, such as
  Jules> showing/generating HTML and especially providing charts/graphs for
  Jules> web sites?

Not that I know -- I just do it by hand.  Given Octave's string handling, it
is not that difficult to write .m files which generate, or update, .html
pages with fixed layout using fopen/fprintf/flclose.  Similarly, I use popen
to send commands to Gnuplot (a version with the gifs creation, using the gd
library).

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.