Octave from cvs

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Octave from cvs
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 23:52:58 -0500 (CDT)

On  7-Oct-1999, Geoff Jacobsen <address@hidden> wrote:

| I've tried to get octave from anon cvs but I think the page showing
| where to get it is wrong.  It says:
|
| :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/egcs
|
| cvs -z 9 checkout octave
|
| but there doesn't appear to be an octave dir under /cvs/egcs
|
| Anyone using octave from cvs and could point me in the right
| direction?

Sorry, the instructions are wrong because I didn't change everything I
should have when I copied the anonymous CVS instructions from the egcs
web site.  Here are the correct instructions:

  The latest development sources of Octave are also available via
  anonymous access to a read-only CVS archive.  There is also a web
  interface to the archive available at www.che.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi.

  Assuming you have CVS installed on your machine you can check out the
  latest development version of Octave sources with the following
  sequence of commands:

  Set CVSROOT in your environment to

    :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs

  Or alternately add

    -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs

  in the CVS commands below (place it immediately after `cvs',
  before any other CVS arguments).

  Issue the command `cvs login'.  You will be prompted for
  a password; reply with `anoncvs'.

  Issue the command

    cvs -z 9 checkout octave

  to check out the all of the current development sources for Octave.

  Once you've got the repository checked out, `cvs update' will sync
  your local copy with the repository.  See the CVS manual for
  additional information on how to use CVS.

This service is still experimental.  Please let me know if you still
have trouble accessing the archive.

Thanks,

jwe