Re: linux

From: Daniel Heiserer
Subject: Re: linux
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 00:29:21 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

> Hello all,
>     I was wondering if there is a place where i can find the precompiled
> octave binaries for linux (RPMs) i know that they are somewhere. thanks.

Why are you wondering? I am sure ANY distributor has a ftp site were
you could download them.
At least SuSe has them:
http://www.suse.de
to get them directly:
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/6.2/full-names/i386/octave-2.0.14-8.i386.rpm

But be careful, the rpm might have another default installation
directory.
e.g. /usr/bin instead of /usr/local/bin or something like that. Just in
the case ...

daniel