Re: how to avoid title in plot

From: Joerg Ungethuem
Subject: Re: how to avoid title in plot
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 14:47:56 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
as far as I know there are at least 2 possibilities:
1) you can use the gnuplot "set" via octave as "gset". So

octave:>> gset nokey
octave:>> plot(...)

should work.
BTW: in  gnuplot the "title" means the title on top of the
plot, which is probably not what you mean.

2) You might mant to set your own labels:
octave:>> gset key
octave:>> x=linspace(-2*pi,2*pi);
octave:>> s=sin(x); c=cos(x);
octave:>> plot(x, s, ";sin curve;", x, c, ";cos curve;")

Whatch out for the ";"!

To set title and labels use the following:
octave:>> title("My plot")
octave:>> xlabel("X-Axis")
octave:>> ylabel("Y-Axis")
octave:>> grid("on")
octave:>> plot(x, s, ";sin curve;", x, c, ";cos curve;")

octave:>>

HTH joergu
  Dipl.-Ing. Joerg Ungethuem <address@hidden>