Re: sparse matrix in octave?

From: A+A Adler
Subject: Re: sparse matrix in octave?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 23:18:15 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Amit Mehrotra wrote:
> > See Nov 16 & earlier entries at
> >     http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/mailing-lists/help-octave/1999/
>
> Thanks! I am new to octave to I need some hand-holding. The impression I
> got from the mails was that sparse capability is in the experimental
> verion 2.1.x of octave and not in the stable 2.0.14 version. Am I right?

I've written sparse functions. Version 0.1 is at
http://www.mondenet.com/~adler/octave.

I've seen no bug reports on this version and several people seem
to have tried it. The disadvantage is the cumbersome syntax and
limitation to real matrices.

I'm in the process of doing a complete re-write, initially
aimed at 2.1.x (although I'll be making a 2.0 version - with
slightly less functionality - as well). This version will
use very Matlab compatible syntax.

I'll be making a beta version (still no complex matrices)
available real soon now. I just have testing and packaging
to do, so if I find time this weekend, it'll be done.
I'd be glad to have testers.
Andy Adler,                               address@hidden