matrix subsetting

From: Heber Farnsworth
Subject: matrix subsetting
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 13:41:28 -0600

How does one do matrix subsetting in a dynamically loaded function (.oct
file)?  I know how to put a whole matrix into a certain place in a
larger matrix using insert but I don't know how to do the reverse.  I
want to create a matrix out of part of an existing matrix.  In an m-file
you would write

Y = X(a:b,c:d);

Does anyone know how to do this?
Heber Farnsworth
Assistant Professor of Finance
John M. Olin School of Business
Washington University
Campus Box 1133                                 phone: (314) 935-4221
One Brookings Drive                             FAX: (314) 935-6359
St. Louis, MO 63130-4899