Re: Running files from within octave

From: Ben Sapp
Subject: Re: Running files from within octave
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 08:55:23 -0600

Martin Hicks wrote:
> How do I run files from within the octave interpreter.
>
> I have a file that does plotting, so if I run
>
> octave file.m
>
> it just flashes the graph to the screen but then when octave returns to
> the shell, the plots disappear.  I can't seem to figure out how to simply
> invoke octave and then run this file.

I would suggest doing something like the following.   Create a file that
makes the plot like so:

#!/usr/local/bin/octave -q

t = linspace(0,4*pi);
plot(t,cos(t));
pause

I called mine standalone_plot  then type 'chmod +x standalone_plot'  at
the shell.  Then just execute it with ./standalone_plot.  It will not go
away until you hit enter at the terminal.  I do not think Windows has
this capability but all UNIX-Like OS's do.

I hope this helps.

--
Ben Sapp                         Los Alamos National Laboratory
email: <mailto:address@hidden>   Phone: (505)667-3277