Porting tools from matlab to octave

From: Douglas Eck
Subject: Porting tools from matlab to octave
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 10:25:56 +0100

I have a lot of matlab code to port to octave. It is a very slow
task running the code and waiting for parse errors. Examples:

 a=b(round(end/2):end,:);  ==> a=b(round(size(b,1)/2))):size(b,1),:);

Has anyone taken a stab at writing a perl script which ports
matlab to octave and fixes these simple but annoying syntactic
differences?

Has anyone listed the differences? I guess I'm interested only
in syntactic differences. Clearly semantic differences are much
harder to address with a perl script stuffed full of reg-exps.

Thanks for any help!

--Doug Eck

---
Dr. Douglas Eck www.idsia.ch/Šþdoug