Re: The future of Octave

From: Manuel A. Camacho Q.
Subject: Re: The future of Octave
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 09:48:30 -0600

Hi!

I am not a programmer, nor scientist. I am an Electromechanical Engineer
who is trying to use Octave as an everyday tool.

Thinking why do ppl want MathLab compatibility, well, I guess it is due
to the quantity and quality of the documentation available for MathLab,
and the few (if almost none) available for Octave.

> has everything in it I want --- just need to convert my *.m code base.

Yep. I think that's the point. Instead of making Octave "ML compatible",
we can better think of a file translator, made with an scripting tool to
convert .m files to Octave files.

I am finishing my grad work, and although I have been in the list for a
while, I am able to help some other guys to make a compliment "How to"
guide for Octave.

John, thanks a lot for all you have done.

-Manuel.