Is there Common Data Format (CDF) support for Octave?

From: Joshua Rigler
Subject: Is there Common Data Format (CDF) support for Octave?
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:15:48 -0700

I see that the development branch of Octave has HDF support, but has
anybody put together anything for CDF support.  I can't find anything
through google.com.  In particular I am trying to develop code for
reading ISTP standard CDF files for space physics data sets. Any
suggestions?

I imagine putting something together shouldn't be too hard.  There are
mex wrappers and routines for MATLAB that might easily be ported to
Octave.  I just wanted to check to make sure I don't end up reinventing
the wheel.

-EJR