Unidentified subject!

From: Etienne Grossmann
Subject: Unidentified subject!
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:53:32 +0000

  Hello,

>From address@hidden Mon Feb 12 15:23:39 2001
#  Hi!  Your tar-ball is a bit of a mess.  It does not include
#  'minimize' or 'read_options' and it has nelder_mead_min.m in
#  optim/tmp.

  Oops? Thanks for the feedback. I fixed this.

#  I've wrote an options processor a while back.  Maybe you are
#  interested in it?  It allows the user to specify options as
#  structures and to override the default options with a global
#  structure in addition to the normal option processing.  Since it
#  returns a structure, it is easy to pass all the options at once to
#  your various subfunctions.  See attached.

  I will have a look at it this evening. The reason I used a vec for
control parameters was to reduce overhead (e.g. if I have to
optimize many easy-to-minimize functions, I'd rather not have many
times the overhead).

  Thanks for the feedback,

  Etienne