Re: Optimization toolbox w/ standard installation

From: Denis Pelletier
Subject: Re: Optimization toolbox w/ standard installation
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 07:55:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Etienne Grossmann wrote:

{   I did small fixes. Urls should now be :
{
{ http://anonimo.isr.ist.utl.pt/~etienne/octave/uc_optim-2001.07.16.tar.gz
{ http://viriato.isr.ist.utl.pt/~etienne/octave/uc_optim-2001.07.16.tar.gz

I can't compile the .oct file. After running ./configure (my copy of
Octave 2.1.34 has the octave-config patch), make gives me a bunch of
warnings and ends with:
make: *** [leval.oct] Error 1

My copy of octave was configure with the following flags:
./configure --prefix=/usr --with-g77 --enable-dl --enable-shared
--enable-lite-kernel --enable-picky-flags

I'm a doing something wrong? I imagine that the response is yes since I'm
an Octave newbie. Or does this package is intended for the latest
CVS version of Octave?

My computer is running Mandrake 8.0.

Thanks.

Denis
Denis Pelletier
Étudiant au doctorat
sciences économiques, Université de Montréal
     an ordinary boy an ordinary name
     but ordinary's just not good enough today
             --Our Lady Peace, Superman's Dead