Re: winnt octave -- file formats

From: Tom Weichmann
Subject: Re: winnt octave -- file formats
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:57:54 -0400

Hmm,

Sounds strange.  The ^M's are due a dos format file being displayed in a
unix file format.  I am not sure why this is - cygwin, the underlying
technology which allows octave to run on Win32 should take care of this.
the cygwin mount command mounts its mount points in either binary, or
ascii, and it should be set correctly.

When does this occure?  Do you write a .m file with notpad or wordpad, and
then read it in octave?

Open up a bash prompt (or type system('/bin/bash') at the octave prompt,
and type mount.  Send me the output from this.

Thanks,

Tom Weichmann

On Tuesday July 31, 2001 06:28 am, david barnes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> first I must congratulate the people behind the win* install of octave --
> it's a joy to install so dang easy,
> and with the feel of an honest "configure,make,make install" boxed in a
> window!
> It's great to know I can run my linux-written programs on win* with no
> trouble 8)
>
> I have a quick query --
> in winnt octave, if I use fscanf, I seem to pick up '^M' characters on
> line ends
> is this the control feed CF or line return LR symbol,
> and is there anything I should be aware of reading and writing files?
> currently, it's causing all sorts of havoc to my strcmp() conditions;
> so I sketched a quick strmatch() function, but has someone written a
> solid one?
>
> thanks again,
> David

Tom Weichmann