"warning" -- builtin function

From: E. Joshua Rigler
Subject: "warning" -- builtin function
Date: 24 Nov 2001 12:34:34 -0700

Is there a reason that using the "warning" function always follows the
output I want by repeating the line from the source code, and providing
a traceback?  For example:

octave:12> warning ("testing")
warning: testing
warning: near line 12, column 1:

>>> warning ("testing")

octave:13>

The "error" function at least allows you to prevent traceback
information from being displayed by using a newline.  I suppose I can
just use printf to do what I want, but this seems like it might be a bug
in 2.1.34.

-EJR