Re: error: memory exhausted

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: error: memory exhausted
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:00:49 -0600

On  4-Mar-2002, Mark Esplin <address@hidden> wrote:

|       That is the error message you get when you really run out of
| memory.  Does the same script run under Matlab on the same machine?
| If so, maybe Matlab is more efficient with memory usage than octave.

This might be.  Or perhaps there is a bug in Octave, but it's hard to
know for sure without more information.

On Friday 01 March 2002 12:03 pm, David Leake wrote:

> I am trying to convert a function from Matlab to octave and during a memory
> allocation portion of the script I get the following error message.
> I get the same message when using either a Linux version or a Windows
> version.  I am using 2.1.35.
>
> error: memory exhausted -- trying to return to prompt
>
> Any sugesstions?

If you think you have found a bug in Octave, please submit a complete
bug report to the bug-octave mailing list with enough information so
that someone can reproduce the problem.

Even if it is not a bug in Octave, it might be a problem that could be
avoided by some simple change to your code.  But I think it would be
difficult for anyone to be to provide much help given the information
you provided.

jwe