Re: Titles in plots

From: Roger Williamson
Subject: Re: Titles in plots
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 16:42:26 -0500

Here are a couple of lines of code that I use.  You can use
sprintf in the title and legend labels as well as xlabel.

You can also use "\n" in the title to provide multiple lines.

Hope this helps,
Roger

mylegend=["ro-;GRT3 One Second Averages;"];
plot(tf./3600,rf,myrgrtlegend);

myxlabel=['Hours after ' sprintf("%02d:%02d CST",hhg,mmg)];
xlabel(myxlabel);

"James E. Stine" wrote:

> Colleagues:
>
> Does anybody know how to incorporate text and Octave elements or variables
> into the title.  For example, if you want to say something like: "Standard
> Deviation is : 4" where 4 is from the variable X.  I am rather sure I used
> to do it in Matlab.  It would be extra cool to do in Octave.  Currently, I
> have to do a copy-paste, however, for most of my scripts it would be great
> to automate.  Thank you very much for your time and assistance.  Take care.
>
> James
>
>  -----------------------------------------------------------
> James E. Stine, Jr., Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor
> Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
> Illinois Institute of Technology
> 3301 South Dearborn Street
> Chicago, IL  60616
> Phone: 312-567-8814 / Fax: 312-567-8976
> e-mail: address@hidden
> Personal URL: http://www.ece.iit.edu/~jstine
> Research URL: http://www.ece.iit.edu/~cad

Austin Sensors, LLC, 9430 Research Blvd, Echelon IV, Suite 400, Austin,TX 78759
(512)343-3630 (FAX 512-345-2924), email: address@hidden
http://www.austinsensors.com