plot, gplot and legends

From: Eric Carlsen
Subject: plot, gplot and legends
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 18:25:37 -0600

I'm sure this has been asked a billion times but I've been looking for answers online for hours and can't find them. Here's my dilemna. I want to do a plot with two waveforms with each of them having a name in a legend, or key. From what I've read it seems that that is not possible with the plot command that I'm familiar with from using matlab. I've read that I should use the gplot command. One issue that I have with that command is that, if I'm not mistaken, it operates on column vectors, and not row vectors. From using matlab I'm very used to using row vectors and I think the syntax is a lot easier. It is also an issue with using odd sized matrices. What do most users out there do about this? Is there a function that I can access to transform row vectors to column vectors and switch the rows and columns in matrices? I know that it would be a simple function to write but I guessed I'm just very shocked that gplot doesn't give the option to operate on rows and not columns. Am I mistaken in this? Thanks for the help.

--
Eric Carlsen
address@hidden