Gnuplot on Mac Os X

From: Christian Meisenbichler
Subject: Gnuplot on Mac Os X
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 13:41:47 +0200

I try to use the gnuplot for mac to plot the graphics in octave. But it doesnot work like I want it to. There exists a command line interface for the mac version of gnuplot, called "pgnuplot". when I simply make an alias called "gnuplot" pointing to this tool, Octave is able to send scripts to gnuplot, but gnuplot can not find the data files in /var/temp. I think that the files exist not long enough in order that they can be read by gnuplot so i get:

gnuplot> pl "/var/tmp/oct-001496" t "line 1" w lines 1
            ^
         can't read data file "/var/tmp/oct-001496"
         "gnuplot_tempi01415", line 8: (No such file or directory)

Has anybody some closer information on how the communication between Octave and Gnuplot works, or have you already solved this problem?
Thank you for any information.
+
       ch:::m

zt.:                                       *don't panic*
http://chm.comyounite.org