newbie: avoiding loops & flushing output.

From: Yoel Callev
Subject: newbie: avoiding loops & flushing output.
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 13:20:03 +0300

1) When I have a 'weight' scalar product of two vectors, i.e. sum_i(x(i)*y(i)*w(i)), is it possible to avoid a loop by phrasing it in a vector form, so that it'll run faster? 2) When I run long scripts, I get all the output at the end, and thus have no progress indicator, is there a way to get some intermidiate output before the script is over without pausing the execution of the script?