Re: How to program a new type

From: withaar
Subject: Re: How to program a new type
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:36:59 -0800

Thank you for the suggestions, I will certainly study them.

I was thinking of making a generic type that can be created with
a command like:

afoo.num = [1 0 0 3] ;
afoo.den = [1 2 -2 -2 1] ;
afoo = class(afoo,'sys') ;

When I want to make a bode plot of such a system, I
migh want to specify a special function in

@sys/bode.m

which will be called with:

bode(sys)

This means that the method of object sys will be called
before the general version. Besides creating a generic type
with a custom type-name, it also needs a change in the
script execution mechanism in that the @sys/ path should
be scanned before other paths for a script to execute.
That _seems_ like a fairly uncomplicated modification, but
I have not familiarized myself with the code yet. I tought
I would start with seeing how easy it would be to do a
generic type.