Re: Clawpack + Octave?

From: Miquel Cabanas
Subject: Re: Clawpack + Octave?
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:44:59 +0100

hi,

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 08:17:35AM -0800, John B. Thoo wrote:
> Hi.  I'm sorry if this may be off topic.  I'm interested in using
> Clawpack, a numerical solver for hyperbolic conservation laws.
>
> <http://www.amath.washington.edu/~claw/>
>
> Clawpack uses Matlab to plot.  Has anyone tried using Clawpack with
> Octave instead?  Or does anyone have any inkling as to how easy or hard
> it may be to make Clawpack work with Octave?  I'm almost a complete
> newbie to using Octave (and Matlab).

my feeling from a fast *really fast* look at the code is that
it's quite portable, and that it doesn't use matlab specific stuff
(graphical interfaces and the like). Give it a try and post whatever
problem you face, indeed, the package authors might appreciate
your testing efforts.

Miquel

--
SeRMN, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (address@hidden)