Re: wiki on sf [was Re: C++ functions]

From: Etienne Grossmann
Subject: Re: wiki on sf [was Re: C++ functions]
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 08:10:24 +0100

  Hello,

I will ask our admin if I can set up a wiki here.

In the meantime, I see, in the README of usemod-wiki :

Security:

Wiki administrators should be aware of the risks of enabling the HTML
or email options in UseModWiki.  Permitting full HTML editing allows a
malicious user to cause the browsers of other users to execute
arbitrary Javascript, Java applets, or other possible sources of
security holes.  The email option could be misused to send annoying
mail to third parties (since no validation is done on the email
addresses entered into the Preferences page).  These options may be
useful for small trusted groups, but they are not advised for wikis
open to the general public.

  Is oddmuse more secure? Or can one (do we want to?) limit the access
to octave-forge users?

  Etienne