Re: wiki on sf

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: wiki on sf
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:58:09 -0500

Etienne Grossmann <address@hidden> writes:

>   So we have this option for hosting the wiki. The machine is
> omni.isr.ist.utl.pt or isr.isr.ist.utl.pt.

My secret home is of course the contribution of some "páginas
portuguesas para o manual..."

>   I got Oddmuse working on my machine, but didn't manage (yet) to use
> the previous octave-wiki (I guess I should s/old_host/new_host/ a
> little everywhere, right?).

Using the latest version of the wiki will allow you to do a global
search and replace if you are an administrator (set $AdminPass in the
config file, and use http://.../wiki.pl?action=password to set it in
your cookie).

>   Indeed, from oddmuse's code, it looks like 'little-sister'
> security. I don't know much on the subject, but iigc your next
> sentences, a script in a html page cannot make the server do a system
> call?

That is not so; the config file, and the config page -- if you want
to enable it, it is disabled by default -- allow all Perl code.  If
you think this is insecure, then don't set $ConfigPage.

> # I have an email by a user in my queue talking about setting up a wiki
> # on sf.net -- interested?
>
>   Sure, I was going to ask.

I have added him to the CC as well, in case there are any news.

Jason Diamond wrote:

> I just discovered OddMuse and was working on getting it to work on
> SourceForge. It would've been very easy to install if it wasn't for
> SourceForge. I had to install the latest versions of CGI and
> File::Spec. It took way too long to debug this (you have to wait 30
> minutes for them to rsync their web server error logs over to the
> shell server in order to see what went wrong). I had to add a use lib
> /path/to/my/libs'; line before the use CGI; line. I'm not a Perl
> hacker so am not sure if that was the best thing to do.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/alex.pl