Re: Octave package for Cygwin

From: Bob Bailey
Subject: Re: Octave package for Cygwin
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:57:33 +0800

I tried your directions to install Cygwin and Octave, but I ran into
a problem in step 9.  I was able to successfully install Cygwin,
but not Octave (so far)

I added the User URL

>    ftp://ftp.octave.org/pub/octave/cygwin

But, when I click on Next, Cigwin Setup returns with an error message
Can't open /pub/octave/cygwin/setup.bz2 for reading: No such
file or directory.
  I click OK, then it returns with
Can't open /pub/octave/cygwin/setup.ini for reading: No such
file or directory.
I click OK, and the final message is
Unable to get setup.ini from < ftp://ftp.octave.org/pub/octave/cygwin>

However I can ftp to that site and see setup.ini there.  But, I do not
see a file called setup.bz2 there.
I am using Windows 98se.  Have plenty of disk space and a fast
internet connection.

Bob Bailey
address@hidden