Re: Bode weirdness

From: Peter Gawthrop
Subject: Re: Bode weirdness
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:51:05 +0100 (BST)

Control engineers like smooth Bode plots. Matlab uses (if I recall
correctly) something called fixphase.m which has a simple test for
large jumps in phase and then adds or subtracts the appropriate angle.

But it is just a matter of taste as to whether this is regarded as
important or not.

          Peter

| Prof. Peter J Gawthrop           | Tel: +44 141 330 4960/2528      |
| Centre for Systems and Control & | Fax: +44 141 330 4343           |
| Dept. of Mechanical Engineering  | Room: James Watt 653            |
| University of Glasgow            | Email: address@hidden |
| GLASGOW G12 8QQ, Scotland, UK    | URL: www.mech.gla.ac.uk/~peterg |