Re: memory leak in DLD using FFTW3

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: memory leak in DLD using FFTW3
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:39:30 +0200

Have you tried running octave and your example with

valgrind --leak-check=yes  octave

regards
David

Daprès Eric Chassande-Mottin <address@hidden> (le 25/07/2003):

> hi octavers,
>
> I have located a memory leak in a DLD function of mine which calls FFTW
> version 3.0
>
> I have isolated the problem in the simple CC code attached to this
> message.
>
> To make the oct file:
> mkoctfile --verbose  -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -lfftw3 fft_test.cc
>
> Then, run the following line in octave2.1
>
> x=zeros(1024,1);for icol=1:2000,dummy=fft_test(x);end;
>
> while looking to the memory.
>
> On my computer, the memory space used is increasing (available
> free mem decreasing). The memory seems to be freed only when quitting
> octave. Do you experience the same thing on your machine?
> Somebody has a hint of what I done wrong?
>
> I am running octave 2.1.35   (i386-pc-linux-gnu)
> (as available in current debian stable 3.1).
>
> éric.

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary