defining types in m-files?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: defining types in m-files?
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 22:34:31 -0500

On 27-Aug-2003, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

| Has anyone done any work on defining new types from scripts?
|
| If not, is the Matlab API sufficient, or should we define our own?  I
| haven't seen any code in the wild which uses it, so I don't know
| that there is a compelling reason for compatibility.

I don't think the Matlab way is all that great, but I do think it
makes sense to be compatible.  I know of at least one parallel
programming toolkit for Matlab that uses the OO stuff and questions
about it come up on the Matlab newsgroup, so some people must be using
it.  I think it is OK if we do things differently as long as we can
support the Matlab way of doing this as well.

jwe