optimset & setfield

From: Nathan Weisz
Subject: optimset & setfield
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:57:14 +0200

Hi octave-experts,

I'm trying to get P.C. Hansens Regularization Toolbox (http://www.imm.dtu.dk/~pch/Regutools/index.html) running under Octave.

Basically I'm walking my way through the scripts, waiting until an error message appears because of missing functions and look for octave substitutes.

One of these functions is optimset.m. I downloaded Etienne Grossmann's version from: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/octave/octave-forge/main/optim/ optimset.m?rev=HEAD
On line 44 this function calls setfield.m, which I downloaded, too:
http://users.powernet.co.uk/kienzle/octave/matcompat/scripts/struct/ setfield.m

The call from optimset is:
opt = setfield ();

Octave returns:
error: va_arg: error getting arg number 2 -- only 0 provided
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 36, column 7
error: evaluating while command near line 35, column 1

Is it possible that the call is wrong and that setfield expects some input, or is there a general difference in how optimset is used under Matlab and octave?

Nathan

GNU Octave, version 2.1.46 (powerpc-apple-darwin6.6).