Re: Mac OS X questions

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: Mac OS X questions
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 23:05:37 -0500

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 05:07:13PM +0200, Christoph Dalitz wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:56:48 -0400
> Mark Dowell <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > - Is it possible to simply copy the ".m" files over from the
> > octave-forge distro if one has installed the standard octave installed
> > through Fink - if not, how can benefit from the extra octave-forge
> > packages but the ease of the Fink standard octave install.
> >
> AFAIK is Fink based on the Debian package manager dpkg. This means
> that you can install Debian packages provided they are architecture
> independent.
>
> An architecture independent ocatve-forge package is available from the

No -- it is actually architecture-dependent as it contains .m files as well
as dynamically loadable libraries built from compiled code.

That said, the .m could of course be peeled out of the .deb (an ar(1) file
wrapped around the tar.gz file containing the files of interest).  But then
he may as well take'em from upstream sourceforge.

Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx