[O] Experiences with G.Strang: Intro to Linear Algebra?

From: Wolfgang Lindner
Subject: [O] Experiences with G.Strang: Intro to Linear Algebra?
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:40:36 +0100

Dear list,

I think about using Octave to teach parts of G.Strang's: Introduction to Linear
Algebra. There is MatLAB code to implement some procedures of the book at:
http://web.mit.edu/18.06/www

Here are my questions:
- Has someone experiences in using Octave instead of MatLAB with that book?
- Has someone already ported (Moler's) teaching code to Octave?
  (if that should be necessary at all, I can't foresee it at the moment,
   because I'm a beginner in octave.)

It would be nice if I could get some recommendations or some advice.

Yours sincerely
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Lindner                     address@hidden
Universität Duisburg-Essen,  Standort Duisburg

MuPAD:       *---*
            *---*|    http://www.mupad.de/schule/lehrer/index.shtml#material
            *---*     http://www.mupad.de/schule+studium/mikrowelten