Re: lists and cell arrays ?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: lists and cell arrays ?
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:11:54 +0100

This is great news. As soon as the start coding it, tell me and I'll
test it for some user types...

Regards
David

According to John W. Eaton <address@hidden> (on 11/18/03):
> On 18-Nov-2003, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> | > Soon (hopefully 2.1.52) you will also be able to write
> | >
> | >   c = [c1, c2];
> | >
> | > to concatentate two cell arrays.
> |
> | This got my interest... Does this mean that concatenation will be made
> | generic in 2.1.52, or only that cell arrays will be added to the existing
> | code?
>
> The intent is to make concatenation using [] work for all types
> including user-defined types.
>
> I plan to add horzcat- and vertcat-like routines to the octave_value
> classes but still use a more efficient approach for some subset of
> types to avoid unnecessary resizing when creating numeric matrices or
> perhaps cell and structure arrays as well.
>
> Perhaps we can also do better for cases when all the objects in the
> concatentation list are the same type, but if not, you should still be
> able to get concatenation to work piecewise with horzcat and vertcat.
>
> jwe

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary