Re: [despammed] Re: Starting using octave

From: acoohdb
Subject: Re: [despammed] Re: Starting using octave
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:33:12 -0600

You (address@hidden) write:
>On Dec 2, 2003 at 1:03am, acoohdb wrote:
>
>acoohd >The simple minded way would be a start.bat that loads notebook and a
>
>Wait, didn't you just say the other day that you're the kinda guy that
>likes "full control" ? Using "Notepad" for text-editing is like kiddie-bike
>training
>wheels.

Yes, but notepad is one simple editor that can generally be considered
to be available on any windows machine. So for a distro it would be
preferable.

>You should really look into using a syntax/indentation -aware
>editor ( that does debugging, font-highlighting, etc. ). The top two
>that I'd recommend are Emacs and "vi".

I know, but unless you include it in the windows version, which I rather
got the impression wasn't favourably looked upon, you can't be tolerably
sure it will be on most people's machines. Indeed I suspect you can be
sure the above will NOT be. Bear in mind that I am thinking about first
time users, once you get into it a bit and realise it's something you
can use then it starts to become worthwhile to spend time and effort
getting just what you want.

--
Oz
DEMON address no longer in use.