Re: windows ver. of Octave

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: windows ver. of Octave
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:27:00 -0500

Ok! I tried octave-2.1.50a-inst.exe <http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/octave/octave-2.1.50a-inst.exe?download> .

This is working and the following are not complaints .

I tried the edit command
>> edit r.m
parse error:
        ^
>> edit('r.m')

It would be nice if the  OCTAVERC file had:
mark_as_command('dos')
mark_as_command('edit')

also it reports that "The system cannot find the path specified" this is because it is looking for : " ...octave_files/octave" which has not been created -- it should be pointed to just octave_files.

also if you use the edit command it hangs until you close Notepad. This is no big deal because I can just use Notepad separately -- but then that defeats the purpose of the edit command.

I also changed the "start in" directory to
"e:\Program Files\GNU Octave 2.1.50\octave_files"
from
"E:\Program Files\GNU Octave 2.1.50\opt\octave\doc"

I am running win2000

Doug Stewart