Re: Octave/OS X Aquaterm problems (bugs or me?)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave/OS X Aquaterm problems (bugs or me?)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:03:25 -0600

On  7-Jan-2004, Per Persson <address@hidden> wrote:

| On Jan 7, 2004, at 23:00, John W. Eaton wrote:
|
| > On  7-Jan-2004, Per Persson <address@hidden> wrote:
| >
| > | the modified figure.m for OS X _should_ work if you set the default
| > | gnuplot term to aqua.
| >
| > If the figure.m file for OS X is different from the version
| > distributed with Octave, can you please submit a patch that will
| > integrate whatever changes are necessary for OS X with the Octave
| > sources?
|
| diff gives (save for the missing docs):
|
| --- /opt/local/share/octave/2.1.50/m/plot/figure.m      Tue Jan  6
| 17:11:28 2004
| +++ /opt/local/share/octave/2.1.50/site/m/octave-forge/MacOSX/figure.m
| Tue Dec 23 22:26:45 2003
| @@ -39,7 +39,11 @@
|
|     if (nargin < 2)
|       if (gnuplot_has_frames)
| -      if (! isempty (getenv ("DISPLAY")))
| +      if (! isempty (gnuterm=getenv ("GNUTERM")))
| +       oneplot ();
| +        figure_list = union (figure_list, f);
| +       eval (sprintf ("gset term %s %d\n",gnuterm, f));
| +      elseif (! isempty (getenv ("DISPLAY")))
|           oneplot ();
|           figure_list = union (figure_list, f);
|           eval (sprintf ("gset term x11 %d\n", f));

Sorry for the delay in responding.

This change seems reasonable.  GNUTERM is valid on systems running X11
as well.   OTOH, if GNUTERM set to some hardcopy device, should we
still try to open plot windows on the screen?

In any case, I'm applying this change, so there should not need to be
a duplicate version of figure.m for OS X now.

Thanks,

jwe