Cannot install

From: iobass
Subject: Cannot install
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:24:31 -0700

I hope I am not missing anything obvious, but I would appreciate any help.
I am getting a compile error while trying to install octave.  I am running
FreeBSD RELEASE-5.1.  I got the latest source via anonymous CVS this
morning.  I made the patches suggested by the existing FreeBSD port
(attached).  I ran autogen.sh, configure, then gmake.  I am failing trying
to compile the parser.  Attached is the current compile output.  The error,
of course, is at the end, complaining about a syntax error before 'goto' in
'octave_parse'.  I cannot find the function 'octave_parse' anywhere in my
source.

Here are my program versions:

autoconf 2.57
autoheader 2.57
gmake 3.80
g++ 3.2.2
bison 1.875
flex 2.5.4

I do not think bison is actually being invoked--I cannot find y.tab.c
anywhere.  Please let me know if I can provide more information.  Thanks
again for any help.

---
Ryan Hinton
address@hidden