Re: What does imagesc.m need?

From: Per Persson
Subject: Re: What does imagesc.m need?
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 19:13:59 +0100

On Feb 28, 2004, at 17:55, Joe Koski wrote:

Per,

Thanks for the explanation. I prefer the Photoshop app, but Preview starts
much faster, so I'll leave it that way. Preview's a good, clever way to
implement image.m on the Mac. I guess I was expecting another Aquaterm
window to appear.

You could use a local copy of image.m that take an app name as an optional parameter...

I had just installed ImageMagick, but tested it within the same terminal window as the installation. When I tried again later, with a new terminal window, everything worked. Maybe the .cshrc had to be rerun before convert
was recognized?

You need to 'rehash' for tcsh to notice newly installed stuff.

In the mean time, I had also installed xv, which confused
the issue. The question remains: is there another dependency needed to do a fresh install of octave-2.1.50 from Fink, i. e., ImageMagick or convert?

ImageMagick
Use fink to install or just download a binary, see
http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?MacOSXIntegration

/Per