function definition for integration

From: flo
Subject: function definition for integration
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 03:23:21 -0600

Hi,
Am am using 2.1.40 since 1 week, like it so a far a lot, and would like to
integrate a function, defined as with
two variables, whereas I pass on one as number - so as a simple
example s.th. like this, which doesn't do the trick:

function x=test(a,b)
x= a^2 + b;
endfunction
quad('test(a,4)',0,1)

So how can I pass on variables not values on to a
defined function ? I
dont try to do anything symbolic. I looked around a good bit in the
documentation, but couldn't figure it out.

Any hints are appreciated,
Thanks a lot,
Flo