Re: a little question

From: Christoph Dalitz
Subject: Re: a little question
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:36:48 +0200

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:33:50 -0500
"John W. Eaton" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Can I run octave by typing octave -geometry75x35??
> if I cann't,is there other way to do this?

If you need to set the geometry of the octave shell, use

        xterm -geometry 75x35 -e octave

If octave is already running you can use xtermset to change the
settings of the already running xterm, eg.

        octave> system("xtermset -bg black")

xtermset is a seperate program (not part of a common X11 installation).
If it did not ship with your operation system, you can fetch the sourcecode
from
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/xtermset/xtermset_0.5.1.orig.tar.gz

Christoph