Re: Draw a line through 2 points

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Draw a line through 2 points
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 09:42:11 -0500

Balachandra B K wrote:

How do I draw a line through 2 points.  Not just between the points but going
off the graph on either side?

        I think you should read through the tutorial of gnuplot. Since
octave uses gnuplot for plotting all the stuff that gnuplot does can be
achieved via octave.

Bala
I'm not sure this sounds like something gnuplot would have built in as a capability. It sounds like you want an extrapolation of data beyond the range you are plotting. I would say you should compute some extra points beyond the ends of the line you're plotting using linear extrapolation. Then plots the set of 4 points and scale the axes so the two end points are off the edges of the graph.

Quentin