A question about defining a new data type

From: jiaguo
Subject: A question about defining a new data type
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 16:02:30 -0500

Hi all,

I try to create a new data type in octave. I read the manual
and it says new data type can be created by dynamically linked
functions. But I don't know how.

For example, I declare a class
class person{
    int SSN;

public:
    person(int SSN);
}

should I make a dynamically linked function 'person'to call
the construction function? But the output of this dynamically
linked function will be a octave_value with a new data type:
person, which is not supported in ov.h. So how can I get the
output from the dynamically linked function?

Also if I have other methods in this class, should I write
correponding dynamically linked functions for each of them?

Thanks,

Jia
__

Friends are angels