Re: octave+arpack=problem

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: octave+arpack=problem
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:11:41 -0400

Your Fortran calls need character length arguments.  See
F77_*CHAR* details on the following wiki page:

        http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveFortran

Also, rather than using p = malloc(n*m*sizeof(double)), you
can use:

        Matrix P(m,n);
        double* p = P.fortran_vec();

This makes sure you are using whatever memory scheme
Octave is using, and also cleans up memory for you when
you are done.

Even better, use:

        OCTAVE_LOCAL_BUFFER(double,p,m*n);

which also cleans up after itself.